The KEI schools are funded by sponsors which makes it possible for us to use the Accelerated Christian Education system in all the schools, issue the children with a set of summer and winter clothing once a year and supply a meal to each child every school day. All educational equipment for both the teachers and the children also come from this sponsorship and staff for these schools is hired from within the community.
The focus of the Pre Schools is as follow:
- Empowering local community leaders and parents to value education and take ownership of the community’s future, through the education of the current generation.
- Providing academic stimulation and encouraging a focus on the developmental milestones of early childhood development.
- Providing basic life skills training in areas such as basic, daily hygiene .
- Providing a daily meal to children in the school, as for most children, this is the only meal they will have for the day.
- Encouraging parent support and commitment of the school. Offering, at least, a basic education to young learners.
It has been noted that 80% burns in children can be prevented if the children attend Pre Schools in the rural areas.